INTERNATIONAL COALITION AGAINST CHRISTIAN GENOCIDE IN NIGERIA (ICAC-GEN)
Head Office: 904 SW 38TH Street, P.O. Box 7081, Lawton, OK 73505, USA/International Satellite Office: 623, D. Jorge Street, Brgy 129, Pasay City, Metro-Manila, Philippines Email: [email protected] ; [email protected]
Antony J. Blinken, 18 January, 2024
United States Secretary of State
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20520
Dear Antony J. Blinken,
NON-INCLUSION OF NIGERIA AMONG THE “2023 COUNTRIES OF PARTICULAR CONCERN, SPECIAL WATCH LIST COUNTRIES, ENTITIES OF PARTICULAR CONCERN” DEFINES THE UNITED STATES AS AN ACCOMPLICE IN GENOCIDE
The International Coalition against Christian Genocide in Nigeria (ICAC-GEN):
Having considered its Mission, which states inter alia: To preserve and protect the secular status of the Federal Republic of Nigeria free from the heinous activities of fundamentalist Muslims, represented by armed bandits and Fulani herdsmen, Boko Haram insurgents and Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP), which has resulted to repeated genocide against Nigerian Christians, kidnapping and forcible occupation of their ancestral homelands;
Mindful of the fact that Nigerian Christian Leaders are not only cowardly in orientation in the defense of their Christian Faith but ignobly more concerned with the accumulation of corrupted wealth than the lives of those they call their flocks;
Regrettably helpless of the fact that the Christian political class including members of the Judiciary has been so drowned in the sea of corruption and moral bankruptcy that both the lives of their Christian brethren and the future of the secularity of their nation do not count a dime to their moral sense of judgment:
Conscious of the Provisions of Article II of the United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide of 1948 to which the Federal Republic of Nigeria is signatory;
Strongly counting on the extant validity of Articles VI and VII of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (ICC) of 1998;
Aligning with paragraphs (3) and (4) of the January 2000 Stockholm Declaration of the International Forum on the Holocaust popularly known as the “Stockholm Declaration”;
Affirming the United Nations Thirty Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement of 1998;
Strongly Relying on the Provisions of the United States International Religious Freedom Act of 1998 and Frank R. Wolf International Religious Freedom Act of 2016;
Do hereby wish to state as follows:
- That the Non-inclusion of Nigeria among the “2023 Countries of Particular Concern, Special Watch List Countries, Entities of Particular Concern” by the United States of America is an undeniable evidence that the United States of America under President Joe Biden is not only selective in its definition of what constitutes genocide but an accessory to the on-going persecution, vicious kidnappings and associated payment of vile ransoms, capped with mass killing of defenseless Christian population of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by Government-protected Muslim Bandits, Armed Fulani herdsmen, Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) and Boko Haram.
- We wish to remind the United States Government under President Joe Biden that what is currently taking place in Nigeria against the Nigerian Christian population on one hand and the Christians of Middle Belt region on the other amounts to Genocide jointly defined by Article 2 of the United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime ofGenocide; and Articles 6 and 7 of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court on Genocide and Crimes against Humanity, being perpetrated by Federal Government-Protected Muslim insurgents.
- That we are awed that the United States of America which professes to be the “God’s own Country” with a strong and proud Christian foundation, an epicenter of freedom of religious worship and protector of global democracy could feign ignorance of the magnitude and religious dimension of the on-going targeted and repeated massacre of Christians in both the Middle Belt and Southern Regions of the country by bands of armed Muslims insurgents in multiple garbs of armed bandits and Fulani herdsmen, Boko Haram insurgents and Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP), which since 2015 have so far surpassed the cases of the on-going Israel Hamas War, Ukrainian Bakmut and Rwandan Genocide.
- That right from May 29, 2015 when the Islamic APC Government assumed power in Nigeria, the amount of innocent Christian bloodshed on the altar of Nigerian Muslim political conspiracy cannot be quantified. Such States as Southern Kaduna, Plateau, Benue, Taraba, Nasarawa, Adamawa, Enugu and Southern Borno where indigenous Christians are predominant have adopted the frequent sad events of burying their kinsmen as part of their immutable ugly culture. We have witnessed our priests and Christian brethren attacked by Boko Haram, ISWAP, armed Fulani Herdsmen and Bandits callously slaughtered, with some beheaded and executed in ISIS-Style live video showmanship, while the fortunate ones got released after the payment of huge sums of money as ransom.
- Although there have been repeated attempts by both the national and international press under the undue influence of the Muslim-dominated Federal Government of Nigeria, through their powerful lobby agents in the U.S. State Department and Congress to either under-report or cover-up the on-going heinous crimes against humanity in Nigeria, the truth are laid bare beyond every vile comprehension. To this end, we wish to convey our most unalloyed appreciation to the most respected Israeli United Nations Permanent Representative Erlan Gidan for bringing before the United Nations Security Council the on-going crimes against humanity being inflicted on Nigerian Christians.
- We are not unaware that the United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres is under the hypnotic influence of his Muslim Nigerian-born Deputy Secretary General Amina J. Mohammed who is considered within UN unofficial circles as his unofficial second wife, but we are surprised that the U.S. Department of State could also cave in to the same unholy act of covering up heinous crimes against Nigerian Christians. The attitude of Antonio Guterres to the October 7, 2023 Hamas abduction and killing of innocent Jews best explains this position. In 2022, Antonio Guterres visited Nigeria, made no official statement on the killing of Christians by Muslims, but instead raced to Amina Mohammed’s home-State of Borno where his major concern was vitiation to the so-called over 50, 000 surrendered and repented members of Boko Haram rather than showing concern over those slaughtered by the same Boko Haram.
- It is important for the Honorable Secretary of State to take note that the recent mass killing of Christians in Plateau State was not an isolated instance but part of a change of recurrent decimal that has seen many Christians slaughtered on the altar of Nigerian Province of Global Jihad stealthily directed from the seat of Sokoto Caliphate and clandestinely protected by the Muslim-dominated Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- According to Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect August 31, 2023 Report on POPULATIONS AT RISK:
“Between May and June approximately 200 people were killed in clashes between the predominantly Christian Berom farming communities and the predominantly Fulani Muslim herding communities in the Riyom, Barkin Ladi and Mangu areas of Plateau State. On 15 May armed men, allegedly Fulani herdsmen, attacked at least 20 villages in Mangu, killing at least 100 people, including many women and children. On 22 June at least 16 people were killed in two separate attacks in Riyom and Mangu areas.” Yet, Nigeria was not included among U.S. “2023 Countries of Particular Concern, Special Watch List Countries, Entities of Particular Concern.
- Let us take the case of Benue State as another arm of this chain of unending Muslim slaughter of Christians.
- On April 8, 2023, 74 people were counted as slaughtered in two separate attacks of which 28 of the victims were recovered from an Internally Displaced Persons Camp (IDP) in Mgban Local Government Area on October 18, 2023; while the rest were victims of attack during the funeral of Mr. Bako Eje, the Chairman of Otukpo Local Government Council at Umogidi Village in Otukpo Local Government Area, Benue State.
- July 7, 2023 more than 27 persons were slaughtered by the same Muslim Bandits at Adogo Ugbaam, Akpuuna and Diom communities in Ukum Local Government Area of Benue State.
- On October 14, 2023, three men— Tertsea Terkimbi Adagundu, Tertsea Mkposu and Mimidoo Umburga were slaughtered by the same Muslim insurgents at Imatom village Square near Chembe, Ukemberagya, Logo Local Government Area of Benue State.
- On October 18, 2023 these same Muslim insurgents reportedly murdered no fewer than nine persons in a twin attack on Ayilamo and Mbachohon communities in Logo and Gwer West Local Government Areas of Benue State respectively.
- Surprisingly none of the expert advisors of the Honorable Secretary State took note of the above weird blood-cuddling episodes to consider a place for Nigeria on the list of “2023 Countries of Particular Concern, Special Watch List Countries, Entities of Particular Concern.
- We wish to remind the U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken that the last time the U.S. Government included Nigeria among the “Countries of Particular Concern, Special Watch List Countries, Entities of Particular Concern” was under President Donald Trump, a Republican; and we are by the same token telling the U.S. voters of Special Christian concern to take note of this, since it is clear that the lives of Nigerian Christians do not matter to President Joe Biden, a Democrat.
- On March 28, 2022, Islamic terrorists attacked an Abuja-Kaduna bound passenger train, killing 14 passengers, wounding undisclosed number and abducted 63. The final batch of the hostages was released on October 5, 2022. For the six months those innocent Nigerians were held captive within the center of their country, their captors collected whooping ransoms exceeding 6 billion naira from the victims’ families under the protection of a fraudulent democratic President. Yet, Nigeria was not included among U.S. “2022 Countries of Particular Concern, Special Watch List Countries, Entities of Particular Concern.”
- On Tuesday July 5, 2022, at about 9 pm, these terrorists who had by then identified themselves as ISWAP attacked Kuje Prisons Abuja, where more than sixty of their members were being held. In the attack that lasted for three hours without any response from the Nigerian Armed Forces, more than 800 of the 994 inmates were released. Indeed the operation was carried out under a situation of sublime calmness and confidence that the terrorist had enough time to give every inmate willing to escape the sum of two thousand naira for transportation. Yet, Nigeria was not included among U.S. “2022 Countries of Particular Concern, Special Watch List Countries, Entities of Particular Concern.”
- On Sunday June 5, 2022, Islamic terrorists marched all the way from the north and invaded St Francis Xavier Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State in Southern Nigeria killing over 50 worshippers in broad day light, and returned to their base unscathed. Yet, Nigeria was not included among U.S. “2022 Countries of Particular Concern, Special Watch List Countries, Entities of Particular Concern.”
- On May 12, 2022, Miss Deborah Samuel Yakubu, a second-year student of Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto, was publicly stoned to death Afghanistan-style in a most gruesome manner under the watch of the Sultan of Sokoto by irate Muslim mobs for a trumped-up accusation of blasphemy against Islam. Yet, Nigeria was not included among U.S. “2022 Countries of Particular Concern, Special Watch List Countries, Entities of Particular Concern.
- On May 29, 2022, the Prelate of the Methodist Church Nigeria, His Eminence, Samuel Kanu, was kidnapped alongside Bishop Dennis Mark, the Methodist Bishop of Owerri and the Prelate’s Chaplain along Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway, in Umunneochi Local Government Area of Abia State, a stone throw to his home town Ihube. The Church paid a ransom of 100 million naira to his Muslim kidnappers for their freedom. Yet, Nigeria was not included among U.S. “2022 Countries of Particular Concern, Special Watch List Countries, Entities of Particular Concern.
- On June 12, 2022, Muslim armed bandits abducted the Bishop of Anglican Diocese of Jebba, Kwara State, Rt. Rev. Oluwaseun Aderogba, with his wife and driver on Oyo-Ogbomoso expressway. The Church paid undisclosed huge amount of money to get them released by their kidnappers. Yet, Nigeria was not included among U.S. “2022 Countries of Particular Concern, Special Watch List Countries, Entities of Particular Concern. Yet, Nigeria was not included among U.S.
- According to the National President of Southern Kaduna People’s Union (SOKAPU) Hon. Jonathan Asake, since the last six years, more than 148 communities have been destroyed by these Government-sponsored Islamic insurgents with over 200, 000 indigenes displaced to become refugees in their homeland. The list of some of the victims can be accessed at our official website https://icac-gen.org/index.php/2024/01/17/report-and-list-…rea-since-2017-2/
- The Honorable Secretary of State is not unaware of the politically immoral foundation of the present Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria under Bola Ahmed Tinubu, a pariah status that clearly renders him morally incapable of addressing the current precipitous state of the Nigerian nation; hence we come to the conclusion that the non-inclusion of Nigeria in the list of “2023 Countries of Particular Concern, Special Watch List Countries, Entities of Particular Concern” as an official U.S. approval of Genocide against Christians in Nigeria by jihadist Islamists.
Dr. Nwankwo T. Nwaezeigwe, PhD, DD Dr. Chukwuka J. Odunukwe, MD, FACS
President Vice President (America & the Diaspora)
Cc: Congressman Mike Johnson, Speaker U.S. House of Representatives
Cc: Senator James Lankford, Chair, Congressional Prayer Caucus
Cc: Chair, Congressional Black Caucus Congressman Steven Horsford (NV-04)
Cc: Co-Chairs, Bipartisan Congressional Caucus on Black-Jewish Relations, Congresswoman Nikema Williams (GA-05), Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (FL-25) and Congressman Wesley Hunt (TX-38)